Did you know?|
- That up to 60% of the radiation emitted by a typical cell phone, (enough to cause heating), will be absorbed by the userís head?
- Percentage of mobile text messages in Japan that are unsolicited: 80%.
- Estimated revenue from pornographic content in the United States sent to mobile phones by 2006: $791 million.
- Estimated revenue from mobile gambling services in the United States sent to mobile phones by 2006: $5.7 billion.
- A report published by analysts Baskerville/Informa Media forecast that ringtones would account for 12% of total music sales by 2008.
- Downloading ringtones has become hugely popular. In 2003 the market was worth £1.6 billion and by 2008 it will rise to £2.5 billion, according to the above mentioned report.
- The first text message was sent in 1992.
- Text messages contribute to 20% of operator revenues.
- On New Years Day 2004, the highest recorded daily total was reached with 111 million text messages sent.
- The number of mobile subscribers in China will grow from 268.69 million in 2003 to 497.86 million by 2008, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.7%.
go to our glossary pages